Monday, June 24, 2013

Autism and Hyperactivity. And not Eating.

This is how I would describe my son. He is always 'on the go'. I never see him sitting quietly, playing with toys (and in the way he should). He is always running back and forth, dancing on his tip toes, crashing on the sofa, climbing on the chairs or diaper boxes or coffee tables, climbing on the sofa and getting down from the back side! [ I don't know how he manages this one, but does! ]
It is so tiresome just watch him on the go! Moreover we need to play hide and seek for at least couple of times, every couple of hours. No wonder I have started eating so much in last few years! But what bothers me is DS is not eating substantial amount of food. He likes oatmeal, nutella sandwich ( on very rare occasions peanut butter sandwich), potato chips and sometimes cookie. He also eats Paratha/Chapati (Flour Flat bread) and most of the times have to put him in High chair to feed him a small bowl full of rice [with his fav tv shows running ofcourse!] But I would say this is a progress. A couple of months back, he would just not open his mouth and spit everything out that touches his tongue. argh... It was so difficult to make him eat! Enfagrow and Pediasure had always been our saviors. No other option! He still loves his pediasure. But I am working on cutting down that from his diet. Moreover, I am thinking of trying some Diet plans for him. Like GF/CF or GAPS diet. I know, Its really too ambitious of me to even think about this. But what the heck! It might actually work! And rumor has it, those diet works wonders for autism! I surely can't afford not to try every single option I have!

some nice links : http://gapsdiet.com

I am really curious to know how these diets work. But I think I need to do a lot of homework and a lot of reading before I start anything.  :better start reading:

That's enough for today. I have to go out and buy some wooden puzzles for DS. 
Alright! Bye everybody! See you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment